Ohio Vehicle, Non-Owners, and SR22 Coverage -- Renter's Insurance Available too
|Ohio State Required Limits
Need Ohio car insurance coverage for Vehicle Liability or Full Coverage, Non-Owners and/or SR22? We have it!
Ohio requires that you be financially responsible for any expenses that could occur due to accidents and incidents with your car. The best way to be legal and satisfy this responsibility is by having a car insurance policy that meets Ohio's insurance requirements. We’re here to help you get it, without additional Broker/Producer Fees. Fill out a quote form by clicking the link below. Please make sure you complete all the info on the form to help us shop for the best rate on the coverage you want.
GET YOUR CAR INSURANCE QUOTE HERE
ALSO, GET YOUR OHIO RENTER'S INSURANCE: CLICK & WRITE NOW (Founders Ins through Solo)
Secure Coverage from Great Carriers for the Buckeye State!
Insuring Customers throughout the Midwest since 1994
Driving can be dicey enough this day in age with all the distracted drivers, especially without insurance. Cars have more safety options built in now they aren’t the only protection you need. Car insurance is another important option that can help if incidents occur; plus, it's the law.
All Ohio vehicle owners need to be financially responsible—from Cincinnati to Cleveland or Athens to Toledo and everywhere between. To get the right car insurance policy to satisfy this, you want to work with an agency that delivers the best coverage and price, regardless of your circumstances. That’s what you find at Solo Insurance®.
Are You a Great Driver or, Shall We Say, Not-So-Great Driver? We Help All.
As independent agents, we shop the policy options of multiple insurers to give you our best rate for the coverage you want, regardless of your circumstances. We help both new and long-term customers decide upon and re-evaluate their coverage.
We’re also here for those drivers who might feel like they have nowhere else to turn.
We don’t judge, we just shop!
At some agencies, new drivers, drivers with SR-22 requirements, or those with bad driving records might find it hard to get policies at affordable prices. We always give you reliable coverage, with our best pricing option, regardless of your circumstances and have done so since 1994.
Effective Coverage—The Limits You Want
By having car insurance, you get a sense of some financial security. Going without insurance puts you, others, your driver’s license, and your wallet at risk.
Let’s say you cause a collision (you didn’t mean to and they don’t call them ‘on purposes’), your policy helps pay for damage you caused to others’ cars. If you get more than the basic Liability coverage it could even help you pay for your car with comprehensive and collision coverage. Most policies have multiple uses, and you can usually mix and match your coverage to meet your needs. Going without can cause financial hardship by way of fees, fines and damages, license suspensions, vehicle registration suspensions and SR22 requirements.
We represent multiple top-name insurance carriers that offer many options of coverage (the policies we provide always contain at least the state-required liability):
- Liability: Covers the damage you cause others, up to your chosen limits if you are at fault in an accident and gets you legal. Our policies start with Ohio’s mandatory liability insurance and can, of course, be increased to higher limits as needed or desired. Ohio requires a minimum of:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $50,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage per accident
Get your car insurance Quote
Ohio only requires you to carry the liability portion to be financially responsible, but you may want to consider purchasing other types of car insurance coverages to help further protect your assets or if you have a loan agreement that requires “full coverage” (comprehensive & collision).
- Uninsured/Under-Insured Motorist: Helps if someone hits your car who is the at-fault driver and doesn’t have liability coverage. Or, in the case of under-insured, doesn’t have enough liability. You can use this coverage from your own policy. We always recommend Uninsured Motorist coverage to our Ohio policies, but you can reject it. Under-Insured Motorist is available with higher than state required coverage.
- Collision: Helps pay for damage to your own car after an incident, minus deductible.
- Comprehensive: Helps pay for car damage caused by hazards like weather, theft, fire and deer, minus deductible.
- Medical Payments: Med Pay generally pays for medical costs after you are hurt in a car accident, regardless of who is found at fault for the accident, up to the chosen limits. It is excess coverage meaning it can’t be claimed in addition to injuries covered by health insurance (you could end up paying some back).
- Towing & Rental: Optional additional coverage when you choose Comprehensive & Collision. Towing reimbursement helps pay for moving your own car after a wreck. Rental reimbursement helps toward the cost of a replacement vehicle while your car is being repaired. Always consult your claims representative for details on using these coverages.
Should You Really Keep Your Car Insurance in Ohio? YES!
1. RANDOM VERIFICATION
Ohio does random insurance verification through their Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV). They randomly select around 5400 registered vehicle owners a week and require they submit proof of insurance to the BMV. If you’re randomly selected, they send a dated notice by mail and you must submit proof of insurance within 3 weeks (21 days) of the mailing date.
2. FEES, FINES & PENALTIES
Failing to show your proof of insurance can lead to penalties that include:
- Suspension of your plates and registration
- Suspension of driving privileges and ensuing reinstatement fee to get the privilege back
- A mandatory SR-22 filing to show the state you’re keeping your car insurance coverage in force for the specific length of time they require of you
- Restoration fees up to $660 plus any court-levied penalties and fines
3. The aggravation of dealing with all of the above…wasted time, energy and money.
(BMV Phone Number: 877-315-6605)
At Your Service When You Need Us
Here at Solo Insurance®, we aren’t sales-types; we’re people like you that just want to get to the heart of the matter. We answer your questions directly. With us, you’ll find real people, with real options and a real commitment to helping you. We do more than try to sell you a policy. We’re your insurance resource.
So, what are you waiting for? Fill out the quote form right now. You can also call us at 800-207-7656 during business hours (you’ll talk to a real person, each time, every time) or email us anytime.
Click here for great car insurance
NEED RENTER'S INSURANCE? CLICK AND WRITE FROM THIS LINK: OHIO RENTER'S INSURANCE NOW (Founders Ins through Solo)