Texas Auto Insurance Coverage

Texas State Required Limits

Liability 30/60/25


Full Coverage or Liability, Non-Owner and/or SR22 Filings

You want to be legal driving in Texas (there are serious penalties for not carrying at least minimum requirements—see below for details). The state-required limits of liability to be legal to drive are 30/60/25. We’re here to help you get this coverage or better, without additional Broker/Producer Fees. Fill out a quote form below and make sure you fill out all the information on the form. It’ll help us shop for the best rate on the coverage you want.


Get your free Quote now!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              


Great Coverage for the Lone Star State

Texas law requires people who drive in Texas to pay for the accidents they cause, according to the Texas Department of Insurance [TDI]. Most drivers do this by getting auto liability insurance. Liability insurance pays to repair or replace the other driver's car and pays other people's medical expenses when you’re at fault in a wreck.

If you buy auto insurance to meet the state's financial responsibility law, you must buy at least the minimum amount. The current minimum liability limits are $30,000 for each injured person, up to a total of $60,000 per accident, and $25,000 for property damage per accident. This basic coverage is called 30/60/25 coverage.

All Texas vehicle owners need car insurance—whether in the large cities of Houston, Dallas, Austin or San Antonio or the smaller cities like El Paso, Brownsville or Amarillo and everywhere between. We can assist you with required basic or higher coverage.

Liability insurance doesn't pay to repair or replace your car or to treat your injuries. Other types of coverages, like personal injury protection, uninsured or underinsured motorist, medical payments, collision, and comprehensive – can help you pay for your expenses. These are available as well. To get the right policy, you want to work with an agency that delivers the best coverage and price, regardless of your circumstances. That’s what you find at Solo Insurance®.


Insuring Customers since 1994…Great carriers with the limits you want

By having car insurance, you get a sense of some financial security. Going without insurance puts you, others, your driver's license, and your wallet at risk. TDI says, “Because of car prices and the high cost of medical care, the minimum amounts might not be enough to pay all of the other driver's costs if you're at fault in an accident. Other drivers could sue you to collect the difference. Consider buying more than the minimum limits to protect yourself financially.”

Let’s say you have an accident; your policy helps pay for damage you caused to others’ cars. If you get more than the basic Liability coverage it could even help you pay for your car with comprehensive and collision or uninsured motorist property damage coverage. Most policies have multiple uses, and you can usually mix and match your coverage to meet your needs. Going without can cause financial hardship by way of lapse fees, reinstatement fees, fines and damages, license suspensions, vehicle impounding, and SR22 requirements.

We represent multiple top-name insurance carriers, the policies we provide can contain:

  • Liability: For all policies. Gets you legal and covers the damage you cause others, up to your chosen limits if you are at fault in an accident. All our policies start with Texas’s mandatory liability insurance (but can certainly be increased to higher limits as needed/desired). Texas requires a minimum of:
    • $30,000 bodily injury liability coverage per person
    • $60,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident
    • $25,000 property damage liability coverage per accident 


Get your free Quote now!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

  • Uninsured/Under-Insured Motorist (UM/UIM): Helps if you collide with an at-fault driver who doesn’t have liability coverage or, in the case of under-insured, enough liability. You can use this coverage from your own policy for bodily injuries. We always recommend Uninsured Motorist coverage to our Texas policies, but you can reject it. Under-Insured Motorist is available with higher than state required coverage.
  • UM/UIM Property Damage is also available in Texas for vehicles that do not have comprehensive and collision coverage.
  • Collision: Helps pay for damage to your own car after a wreck, minus deductible.
  • Comprehensive: Helps pay for car damage caused by hazards like weather, deer, theft and fire, minus deductible.
  • Medical Payments: Med Pay generally pays for medical costs after you are hurt in a car accident, regardless of who is found at fault for the accident, up to the chosen limits. It is excess coverage, meaning it can’t be claimed in addition to injuries covered by health insurance (or, you could end up paying some back).
  • Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Like medical payments coverage, but also can cover some lost income and the costs of hiring a caregiver for an injured person.
  • Towing & Rental: Optional additional coverage when you choose Comprehensive & Collision. Towing reimbursement helps pay for moving your own car after a wreck. Rental reimbursement helps toward the cost of a replacement vehicle while your car is being repaired. Always consult your claims representative for details on using these coverages.
  • Mexico Coverage Your policy won't cover you in Mexico because Mexico doesn't recognize U.S. auto liability policies. Be forewarned: Mexican authorities may hold drivers criminally and financially responsible for any auto accidents they cause. If you're in an accident that results in an injury, police may keep you until they decide who is at fault. You will be asked to show that you have insurance the Mexican government will accept or prove that you can pay any judgment against you.  Some U.S. insurance companies provide an endorsement for your policy that covers occasional trips of up to ten days and up to 25 miles into Mexico. You can buy coverage for longer stays, but it usually only covers you within 25 miles of the border. Please note, these endorsements might not meet Mexican legal requirements.


Whether you are a great driver or a not-so-great driver, we always search for our best rate for you.

As independent agents since 1994, we shop the policy options of multiple insurers to give you our best rate for the coverage you want, regardless of your circumstances.

We help both new and long-term customers.  We can help review and re-evaluate your coverage.

We’re also here for those drivers who might feel like they have nowhere else to turn. At some agencies, new drivers, drivers with SR-22 requirements, or those with bad driving records might find it hard to get the best policies at affordable prices. We give you reliable coverage, with our best pricing option, always.


Quote now!


Why you don’t want to be without car insurance in Texas

The first time you get caught driving without valid car insurance in Texas, you’re cited and fined between $175-$350. In addition, a surcharge of $250 is added to your annual driver’s license fee for each of the next three years. So, getting caught driving without insurance in Texas the first time can cost up to $1100 in fees/fines.  This goes up for subsequent convictions.

If you are caught driving without insurance an additional time, you can be fined between $350-$1000 and still have the additional $250 surcharge on your license for at least three years. You also risk having your driving privileges revoked and your vehicle impounded. If this happens, you face the stress and expense of getting your driver’s license reinstated and your car back.  Any individual whose driving privilege has been suspended or revoked is also required to file an SR-22 and maintain it for two years from the date of the conviction (or 2 years from the date the Judgment was rendered).

Further, looking at a worse-case scenario you also face potentially devastating costs if you cause an accident.   Whether insured or not, in Texas you can be held 100% liable for any and all physical injuries and property damage resulting from a car wreck you caused.  Insurance is the cushion between these bills and your bank account.  It’s the best way to cover your assets.


We’re at Your Service When You Need Us

Here at Solo Insurance®, we’re straight-forward and regular folks, plus everyone is a licensed insurance producer. We get to the heart of the matter and answer your questions directly. With us, you’ll find real people, with real options and a real commitment to helping you. We do more than try to sell you a policy. We’re your insurance resource.

So, what are you waiting for? Fill out the quote form right now. You can also call us at 800-207-7656 during business hours (you’ll talk to a real person, each time, every time) or email us anytime.


Get our best rate now!

Contact us
Facebook LinkedIn Google YouTube Instagram

® Solo Insurance® is a Registered Trademark.  Any use, in any form, is strictly prohibited.
© Copyright 2018. All rights reserved.
Powered by Insurance Website Builder