Need Kansas Car Insurance?

Kansas State Required Limits

Liability 25/50/25

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist 25/50

Personal Injury Protection $4,500

We have it for Vehicles-Liability or Full Coverage, Non-Owners and/or SR-22

Hey Kansas drivers! You’re required to carry state-required limits of Liability, Uninsured/Under-Insured Motorist and Personal Injury Protection [PIP] to be legal to drive. You’re supposed to be able to pay for damages and injuries in an accident that you may cause. We’d love to help you get it, without additional Broker/Producer Fees. Simply fill out a quote form. Please make sure you fill out all the information on the form. It’ll help us shop for the best rate on the coverage you want.


Get a Quote now!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            


Kansas is considered a no-fault state. This doesn’t mean that fault isn’t considered with an accident.  It means that regardless of fault, your injuries after an accident are to be covered by your PIP coverage before any other type of insurance coverage.


Secure, Safe Coverage from Great Companies for the Sunflower State!

Insuring Customers since 1994

Cars aren’t as simple as they used to be. Driving isn’t as simple as it used to be. There are more distracted drivers than ever before. Cars include more options for safety than in the past but in this isn’t the only protection you need. Car insurance is an important option that can help if accidents occur; plus, it's the law.

All Kansas vehicle owners need auto insurance—from Kansas City to Salina or Topeka to Wichita and everywhere between. To get the right car insurance policy, you want to work with an agency that delivers the best coverage and price, regardless of your circumstances. That’s what you find at Solo Insurance®.


Great driver?  Super!  Not-so-great driver?  Not an issue.                                                                                                             

We’re an independent agency and shop multiple insurance carriers to always give you our best rate for the coverage you want (regardless of your circumstances). We help both new and long-term customers, great drivers and those with a few issues. We review all policies and re-check your rates at renewals. We can check your renewal rate even if you’re not a current client.

We’re also here for those drivers who might feel like they have nowhere else to turn.

At some agencies, new drivers, drivers with SR-22 requirements, a history of no insurance violations or those with bad driving records might find it hard to get policies at affordable prices. We always give you reliable coverage, with our best pricing option, and have done so since 1994.


Effective coverage at the limits you want

By having car insurance, you get a sense of some financial security. Going without auto insurance puts you, others, your driver’s license, and your wallet at risk.

Let’s say you cause an incident; your policy helps pay for damage you caused to other people and their cars up to the limits you choose. If you get more than the basic coverage it could even help you pay for your car with comprehensive and collision coverage. Most policies have multiple uses, and you can usually mix and match your coverage to meet your needs. Going without can cause financial hardship by way of fees, fines and damages, license suspensions, vehicle registration suspensions and SR22 requirements.


Get your Quote


Kansas Auto Insurance Requirements

We represent multiple top-name insurance carriers that offer many options of coverage.

According the Kansas Insurance Department, Kansas mandates that every automobile insurance policy sold in the state must have these minimum coverages:

  • Liability
  • Bodily Injury-pays for the other person’s medical expenses, rehabilitation, funeral costs, and other covered costs, if you or your family are at fault in an auto accident. 
  • Property Damage-pays when you or your insured drivers damage other property in an accident. It pays for repair, replacement, or cash value of the other owner’s property (within policy limits).
  • Minimum amount required by law:
  • $25,000/person for bodily injury
  • $50,000/accident for bodily injury
  • $25,000/accident for property damage
  • Personal injury protection (PIP or No Fault)-pays for medical expenses, rehabilitation, funeral expenses, lost wages, and in-home assistance for you and your passengers injured in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. Passengers who own their own cars collect under their policy. 
  • Minimum amount required by law:
  • $4,500/person for medical expenses
  • $900/month for one year for disability/loss of income
  • $25/day for in-home services
  • $2,000 for funeral, burial or cremation expense
  • $4,500 for rehabilitation expense
  • Survivor Benefits: Disability/loss of income up to $900/month for one year
  • In-home services up to $25/day for one year
  • Uninsured Motorist/Under-Insured Motorist-pays you or your passengers for medical, rehabilitation, and funeral costs. It also pays settlements of lawsuits resulting from an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver with proof of their insurance status.
  • $25,000/person
  • $50,000/accident


Additional Kansas Coverages are available

  • Collision: Helps pay for damage to your own car after an accident, minus deductible.
  • Comprehensive: Helps pay for car damage caused by hazards like deer, fire, weather, theft, minus deductible.
  • Towing Reimbursement:  Optional additional coverage when you choose Comprehensive & Collision. Helps pay for moving your own car after a wreck. Always consult your claims representative for details on using this coverage.
  • Rental Reimbursement: Optional additional coverage when you choose Comprehensive & Collision. Helps toward the cost of a replacement vehicle while your car is being repaired due to accident. Always consult your claims representative for details on using this coverage.


Get a Quote now!

Should you keep your Kansas car insurance?  Absolutely!

There are some serious consequences to driving without Financial Security/Car Insurance in the State of Kansas (think Class B Misdemeanor). According to Article 31 of the Kansas “Automobile Injury Preparations Act”: 

  • Cars/motor vehicle cannot be registered or re-registered unless you have in effect a policy of motor vehicle liability insurance throughout the period of your vehicle registration.
  • Fines can range from $300 to $2,500, depending on the frequency and severity of the situation in which you’re caught driving uninsured.
  • Fees can range up to $300
  • Penalties can range from the Suspension of registration; Suspension of your Driver’s License (or Revocation) up to three years; also, possible imprisonment, in some cases.
  • SR22 Filings can be required up to three years


We’re at Your Service When You Need Us

Here at Solo Insurance®, we’re all licensed agents and ready to help. We get to the heart of the matter without all the sales fluff. We answer your questions straightforwardly. We’re real people, with real options and a real commitment to helping you. We do more than try to sell you a policy. We’re your insurance resource.

So, take the next step! Fill out the quote form right now. You can also call us at 800-207-7656 during business hours (you’ll talk to a real person, each time, every time) or email us anytime.


Get a Quote now!


Contact us
Facebook LinkedIn Google YouTube Instagram

® Solo Insurance® is a Registered Trademark.  Any use, in any form, is strictly prohibited.
© Copyright 2018. All rights reserved.
Powered by Insurance Website Builder